Birmingham Council of Mosques endeavours to work with individuals and communities and to be a positive influence in helping them to live independently and to achieve the best they can in life. BCM has completed a number of projects at a local, national and global level to help the less fortunate. These projects are completed on a monthly basis and range from handing out hygiene packs to the female homeless on the streets of Birmingham sponsoring the building of wells in third world countries to bring fresh water to the local communities there.
All the projects count as good deeds for the people who donate £1 per month towards the projects. Such a small monthly amount can collectively make such a difference to the lives of many. Donators simply pay £1 per month and we do the work. The Holy Qur’an frequently mentions feeding the poor and needy and supporting orphans. Many of our projects have involved feeding orphans, the needy and the poor and we endeavour to continue our work with deprived communities. Many of our projects classify as charity projects and a number of projects are simply acts of kindness. Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every act of kindness is a Sadaqa (charity)” (Bukhari, Muslim).
If you would like to contribute £1 per month you can set up a standing order using the bank details below. Similarly, many people pay a sum of £12 for the year (Ramadan to Ramadan). If you would like to do this, you can use the same bank details and make a one off payment. Please enter your name in the “reference” section.
Information on all our projects to date can be found in the monthly newsletters below.
• BCM Newsletter 1 – Respect for the Holy Quran- July 2018
• BCM Newsletter 2 – Hygiene Packs for Homeless women- Aug 2018
• BCM Newsletter 3 – Sewing machine for Widows- Sept 2018
• BCM Newsletter 4 – Clothing the poor- Oct 2018
• BCM Newsletter 5 – Braille Quran Majid for the blind- Nov 2018
• BCM Newsletter 6 – Feeding those in poverty- Dec 2018
• BCM Newsletter 7 – Quran Majid for visually impaired boy- Jan 2019
• BCM Newsletter 8 – Building a Madrassa- Feb 2019
• BCM Newsletter 9 – Waterwell in Bangladesh – March 2019
• BCM Newsletter 10 – Clothing the destitute – April 2019
• BCM Newsletter 11 – Feeding refugees, widows, orphans & the elderly- May 2019
• BCM Newsletter 12 – Waterwells (Pakistan) and food aid – June 2019
• BCM Newsletter 13 – Water Tank and Food Parcels- July 2019
• BCM Newsletter 14 – Feeding the poor and water well update – Aug 2019
• BCM Newsletter 15 – Providing aid to Muslims in Need – Sep 2019
• BCM Newsletter 16 – Feeding Muslims in need Oct 2019
• BCM Newsletter 17 – Clothing for the winter Nov 2019
• BCM Newsletter 18 – Feeding the most needy Dec 2019
• BCM Newsletter 19 – Braille Quran Majid Jan 2020
• BCM Newsletter 20 – Braille Quran Majid and Qaida Feb 2020